Re: Migration of services - 8. crash reports storage

On Sunday 13 of December 2020 00:19:01 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> > I thought more about it, I had the idea that we could try to integrate
> > the backend for dr-konqi on the server so that crash-reports could be
> > created as Issues in TGW. What is your opinion on this idea?
>
> May be it is worth trying. But some system issues that cause crashes are
> not exactly caused by issue in TDE. But you can try and see how it works

Dr. Konqi only responds if a TDE application crashes. Therefore, only
backtraces for TDE applications should be uploaded there.

For cases where the crash is caused by another library, it will be useful
to verify whether it is a bug in the relevant library or whether it is a
library call issue that should be addressed in a TDE application. For such
cases, it will be correct that the backtrace is uploaded for the
respective TDE application.

The only somewhat confusing situation can be when it comes to a GTK
application that runs with the TQt style => as a TDE application. However,
even such cases will be good if we have the backtrace recorded.

That's why I expect it to be good for all cases.

Cheers
--
Slávek