Re: TDE, ALSA and a seperate mic ...

On 12/4/20 11:18 PM, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
On 2020/12/05 05:36 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Anno domini 2020 Fri, 4 Dec 10:39:30 +0900
  Michele Calgaro via tde-users scripsit:

Hi Nik,
can you let us know what channels do you see in alsamixer? And
which TDE version?

See the attached screenshots: alsamixer sees 3 devices, kmix sees 2.

Thanks Nik.
The acp microphone has no channel associated with it as per your
screenshot. As far as my memory goes, kmix lists
through the available channels, so not finding any could be the
reason why acp does not show up in kmix at all.

I guess I'll have to wait then till the kernel driver offers
something in this respect ;)

Or until we find the time to patch kmix to consider a similar scenario
:-)
Perhaps worth you register an Issue in TGW for future reference.

Cheers
  Michele

I found some info dated 10 years ago, regarding KMix microphone
controls. Assuming nothing has changed since then, the microphone
options shown in Kmix, are coming from the driver of the sound card.

Reference:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/meaning-of-kmix-microphone-controls-787340/