Re: New Build Updates & Questions (Avengers Assemble Update - Solved & Concluded)

On Tuesday 24 November 2020, Edward via tde-users wrote:
> On 11/24/20 2:44 PM, BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > OK kscd does need the cable however, Amarok, smplayer, vlc don't.
> > I think anything that can use advanced audio setting or software like
> > pulseaudio will play without the cable.
> >
> > I hope this helps,
> >
> > Kate
>
> Model # SB0100
> (C) Creative Technology Ltd 2001
>
> It still works!  :)
>
> For added measure, I also installed the codecs for Audacious, which
> included a CD codec. And it is playing a music CD, without the cable
> attached to the CD/DVD drive. What a difference!
>
> The other desktop has a free PCI-E x1 slot, so I have ordered the same
> Creative SB Audigy FX card (Amazon, USD $36.99). Will have it tomorrow.

Ok word of warning.

If you suddenly lose a sata port, move the card.
It's ok to put a x1 into a x4, 8 and 16 slot.
Also, if you don't get any sound out of it, but it's completely detected, make
sure the optical port option is OFF. You'll find that in the switches section
of kmix.

let us know how it goes,

Kate