Re: MediaWiki, CategoryTree not enabled by default?

On 2020/11/16 06:31 AM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
Hi Slávek (or anyone else who admin’s the Wiki),

I’m trying to add the category list as displayed on:

https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Special:Categories

to the bottom of the main wiki page:

https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Trinity_Desktop_Environment

MediaWiki says CategoryTree is suppose to be able to do something like that
and also is suppose to be enabled by default:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension%3aCategoryTree

But, it’s not enabled?, or I’m typo’ing the examples?

I could possibly do it manually, but then it’d get out of date.  Would you
know a way to accomplish this?

Basically trying to embed the full top level category list into the bottom of
main page, so there is some navigation for users.

Best,
Michael

Hi Michael,
rather than adding that to the main page (which would make it messy and not much useful from other pages), I would add a Categories link on the left side menu which shows up the first link (https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Special:Categories). This way it would be accessible quickly from wherever you are in the site.

Cheers
  Michele