Re: Possible bugs in Trinity Control Center - Printers and OS Installer

On Thursday 12 November 2020 08:21:56 Edward via tde-users wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 07:45:15 +0100
>
> "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You can print on any printer, but for zeroconf aka "magicly see the
> > other printers on the net" you need "avahi" - which I ended up
> > removing fom any devices, 'cause it screws up routing tables when
> > you happen to be in the same as a silvery rotton tomato laptop.
> >
> > Nik
>
> In all the years I've used Linux, the only time I could access a
> remote printer from another PC, was when the printer was wireless.
>
> Seeing CUPS accessing a printer USB-connected to the other PC, that
> was definitely a first for me.  :)

Been doing it for years, Edward. Even before I found TDE. Just turn
browsing and share on in the cups config, and I can print to this
monster printer from any of the other 4 machines running here.  You can
do that with any machine that has cups installed, send your browser to
localhost:631 to get to the cups main config pages.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis