Re: MTP again

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020, Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:

On Thursday 29 of October 2020 19:10:56 Felmon Davis wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2020, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Just for checking: Does MTP allow delete/create on the same machine
with the same phone but a different tool?

I downloaded go-mtpfs from the repository, attached a Samsung J3 by
usb and mounted it. I had to go sudo even to see the directories; I
did a 'sudo mv' on a file and it worked.

I just opened Konqueror and strangely it doesn't even show the
mountpoint. I don't understand that. I guess it's not really treated
like a normal mountpoint.

I may have missed the sense of the thread; must access happen via
Konqueror?

I would also make sure of the quality of the usb cable.

fjd

Hi Felmon,

why are you doing this through sudo? By default, fuse filesystems are only
available to the person who mounted them. So when you use sudo, the fuse
files system is mounted by root => is unavailable to the user.

Cheers

you're right of course. must have been automatic from doing 'sudo mount ....'.

now it also shows up in Konqueror and I can move files though maybe in only one direction. seems I can move off the phone but not onto it, whether to the ssd card or to the phone's storage.

"cp: cannot create regular file 'mnt/Card/check-in.pdf': Function not implemented"

Konqueror just says "could not write...."

probably some limitation of 'go-mtpfs', perhaps.

fjd

--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.