Re: how to upgrade TDE without ALL language packs?

On Wednesday 07 October 2020 08:22:17 Michael via tde-users wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 October 2020 09:56:59 am Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> > Dne st 7. října 2020 Michael via tde-users napsal(a):
> > > PS2:  Slávek do you know why Bill's (and probably a few others') email
> > > address gets included as a CC: when replying [Kmail >> R]?  And yet
> > > most other people (yours in fact) doesn't.  Nothing critical, just
> > > annoying to always need to check and delete the extraneous addresses.
> >
> > Here, it depends on whether the sender has an SPF set for his domain and
> > / or whether the message contains a DKIM signature valid for the sender's
> > domain. To prevent rejection of the post due to SPF violation or due to
> > violation of the DKIM signature, "DMARC mitigation" is performed, where
> > the address of the original sender is moved to CC: and the address of the
> > mailing list is used for the sender.
> >
> > However, whether the original sender's address will be automatically
> > added to the To: when replying depends on whether the original sender has
> > his address explicitly listed as the Reply-To: header.
>
> Ah, cool.  Thanks!
>
> Mailing lists have to be a pain...

Yes, I must admit, I don't envy the person(s) who get that job. Along with
managing the glut of technical sludge, of course, Slavek and anybody else
must have a lot of soft skills, so that we can all get along.

;-)

Myself, I was sort of waiting until the old list expired until I worried about
all the duplicates.

I used to send myself a bcc for emails, just to be sure that mail was going in
and out. But even after I tried to stop doing that for the TDE list, I still
get about 4 emails now for every 1 that I send out. When the old list
expires, that will be cut in half, I hope.

Bill