Re: how to upgrade TDE without ALL language packs?

On Wednesday 07 October 2020 04:39:13 am William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> In fact, my system is running pretty well now, if I make allowances for
> having upgraded from Devuan Jessie almost straight through to Devuan
> Beowulf. Give me another month or two, and I will work out the kinks.

And this is how every threads goes off topic ;)

Yeah, I never upgrade.  I always do a clean install and preserve my homedir. *

You still get oddities, but you usually end up with a much cleaner (e.g. more
stable) system that way.

Best,
Michael

* How to preserve a homedir is generally distribution specific.

PS:  I’ve never seen language packs install themselves either, how you ended
up with all those would seem to be a dependency ‘issue’ with some other
package.  Especially since you’d normally have to manually install all of
those, and who’d forget that?

PS2:  Slávek do you know why Bill's (and probably a few others') email address
gets included as a CC: when replying [Kmail >> R]?  And yet most other people
(yours in fact) doesn't.  Nothing critical, just annoying to always need to
check and delete the extraneous addresses.