Re: MX & TDE

Anno domini 2020 Wed, 16 Sep 09:38:02 -0500
 Michael via tde-users scripsit:
> On Wednesday 16 September 2020 09:28:49 am you wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 September 2020 07:43:53 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > > A question to all apt at MX Linux: Is there a way to change the GUI from
> > > english to e.g. german for the live session? I know I can change it later
> > > to german when TDE is already installed, but I have to walk a group pf
> > > people through that process that are a bit older than myself and not all
> > > speak englisch at all.
> >
> > Hi Nik,
> >
> > I only speak English, so I’m only going to be able to help sift the MX
> > Forums for you.  These two seem promising:
> >
> > https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=57249&p=568310#p568310
> >
> > https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=58025&p=574924#p574924
> >
> > If neither help, I’ll do some more digging!
>
> Why do you always get a thought one second after you’ve pressed the Send
> button?!?
>
> You can also try this:
>
> - Boot the Live USB as normal
> - Run the MXPI (Main Menu >> MX Tools >> MX Package Installer)
> - In tab ‘Popular Applications’, section Language
> - Select your language
> - Install

Sorry, does not work. I get german manpages, spellchecker, firefox ... but no german XFCE languge pack. Maybe I missed it, but I'm quite sure there was non.

The links above only set timezone and keyboard, but not the language of the GUI.

Ok, need to take a closer look.

Nik