Re: gmail and pop

On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 23:26:16 +0200
"ajh-valmer" <ajh.valmer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have aslo a Gmail account
>
> My Gmail account password works on the webmail site,
>
> But not with Kmail (TDE) (password not recognised).
>
> Everything is allright : mail, pop.gmail.com, port (995), password...
>
> Why ?

GMail used to have a separate, per-account "Allow POP/IMAP/SMTP"
setting buried somewhere in its configuration pages.  Did you find it
and set it appropriately?  It's easy to miss it if you don't know it exists.

Beyond that, the only advice I have is to try Claws or Thunderbird or
something, so that we can determine whether this is a KMail problem
or a Google problem.  (In general, I don't recommend GMail for
non-webmail, as the people there seem incapable of following protocol
standards—I ended up paying for a fastmail.net account in order
to get away from them.)

E. Liddell