Re: Vivaldi settings - new thread

On Tuesday 25 August 2020 12:24:25 pm E. Liddell wrote:
> Don't know if it's the specific one you saw, but you might want to try
> Waterfox ( https://www.waterfox.net/ ) if you haven't already.  (I'm
> comfortably settled with Pale Moon, but video is not a significant
> component of my browsing activity.)

Thanks E!,

Waterfox’s about page says nothing about this, and it’s just a random reddit
post, so I don’t know if this is true or not:

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/ifrrrt/wf_freezes_when_accessing_brighteoncom/
popsathome, 4 hours ago

“You're not the only one. Something strange going with Waterfox since it was
bought out by an advertising company.”

Otherwise it does sound good, the whole no telemetry bit.

On Tuesday 25 August 2020 12:54:15 pm you wrote:
> > Vivaldi seems to leave too many ads displayed.
> You can disable built-in add blocker and install uOrigin. Then it behaves
> just like Firefox.

Thanks Janek, that is good to know!

> > Somewhere I ran across a fork of FF55(ish, before FF went to the ‘dark
> > side’)
>
> That's Pale Moon, I believe.

The irony is deep, that I didn’t take note of it and then ended up installing
it.

Thanks All,
Michael