Re: Project status report - history

On Tuesday 25 August 2020 10:04:59 am William Morder via trinity-users wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 August 2020 07:28:25 Michael wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 August 2020 08:11:07 pm Slávek Banko wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > before we get back to earlier discussions, let me take a little trip
> > > into history and summarize how the state of the project has evolved
> > > over time and what are the tasks that await us.
> >
> > My thought is this needs to be on the Wiki at the very least.
> >
> > Yeah, okay, it airs some dirty laundry, but my basic understanding of
> > user buy in (product adoption) is that people* are more inclined to try a
> > product that does not use smoke and mirror marketing.
>
> You mean people like ourselves, enlightened sages, philosopher kings,
> self-realized adepts of the mystical path of Linux.

Yes, yes!  Like us!

> The vast majority of people want it dumbed-down to point-and-click
> convenience, and would rather not think at all.

They're not all bad, I know some really good and kind people in that category.
Although it’s sometimes hard to hold a decent conversation with them :(

> It is important to identify one's target audience, which in this case
> means, not everybody indiscriminately. It is certainly open to everybody,
> but not everybody can appreciate why TDE rocks; it takes some work and
> self-education.
>
> > Best,
> > Michael
> >
> > * People <strikeout>who aren’t dumb asses</strikeout> who have decent
> > intelligence.  Not sure there is a PC way to say this?
>
> alternative synonyms for your <strikeout>forbidden thought</strikeout>:
>
> * a few cards short of a full pack
> * missing some marbles
> * not firing on all cylinders
> * cannot buy a clue (or even rent one)
> * effin eedjits
>
> I believe the clinical term is Acute Scatoencephalitis.
>
> Bill

Roflmao, hmmm, I see you've experience these people yourself.  And that last
term, ah, thanks Bill, needed some humor in my day...

PS:  I don’t think any of yours qualified as PC either :(