Re: Project status report - history

On Tuesday 25 August 2020 07:28:25 Michael wrote:
> On Sunday 23 August 2020 08:11:07 pm Slávek Banko wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > before we get back to earlier discussions, let me take a little trip into
> > history and summarize how the state of the project has evolved over time
> > and what are the tasks that await us.
>
> My thought is this needs to be on the Wiki at the very least.
>
> Yeah, okay, it airs some dirty laundry, but my basic understanding of user
> buy in (product adoption) is that people* are more inclined to try a
> product that does not use smoke and mirror marketing.

You mean people like ourselves, enlightened sages, philosopher kings,
self-realized adepts of the mystical path of Linux.

The vast majority of people want it dumbed-down to point-and-click
convenience, and would rather not think at all.

It is important to identify one's target audience, which in this case means,
not everybody indiscriminately. It is certainly open to everybody, but not
everybody can appreciate why TDE rocks; it takes some work and
self-education.

> Best,
> Michael
>
> * People <strikeout>who aren’t dumb asses</strikeout> who have decent
> intelligence.  Not sure there is a PC way to say this?

alternative synonyms for your <strikeout>forbidden thought</strikeout>:

* a few cards short of a full pack
* missing some marbles
* not firing on all cylinders
* cannot buy a clue (or even rent one)
* effin eedjits

I believe the clinical term is Acute Scatoencephalitis.

Bill