Re: MX-TDE edition options (need a debian TDE dev)

Anno domini 2020 Thu, 23 Jul 09:46:21 -0500
 Michael scripsit:
> On Thursday 23 July 2020 06:07:25 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Anno domini 2020 Mon, 20 Jul 13:23:27 -0500
> >
> >  Michael scripsit:

> > > Hopefully last edit of the .pm by me...
> > >
> > > I'm scheduled to test it next weekend, I'll update to the list next then
> > > (these minor edits are getting spammy, so see the MX formum post till
> > > then)
> > >
> > > best all, michael..
> >
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > When I have MX installed, whet do I do with that tde.pm ?
>
> Hi Nik,
>
> Notes:
> 1) This has not been tested!  Do scan for typo’s before use.  (wget line was
> tested)
> 2) I’ve set the attached .pm for 64 bit architectures.  (change as needed)
> 3) AFAIK this only works if you’ve installed the full MX.  (so you’ll already
> have Xfce4 installed)
>
> After the MX install, drop it in:
>
> /usr/share/mx-packageinstaller-pkglist
> -rw-r--r--    root root
>
> Then from Xfce4
>
> Menu >> MX Tools >> MX Package Installer
> {Tab} Popular Applications
> {Expand} Desktop Environments
> {Check} Trinity Desktop Environment
> {Click} Install
>
> Logout of Xfce4
> Login TDE
> {set default window manager, etc.}
>
> I think that’s it.  Let me know how it goes :)
>
> Best,
> Michael
>
> Notes continued:
> 4) Still needs translations of the description.
> 5) Has several extra, extraneous comments.
>
> Ref:
> https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=587347#p587347

Ok, almost everything went smooth:

After download completed and the first packages got installed, the console got confused by escapecodes. Not nice to look at, but just cosmetic.

At the end I got this error:

"Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:\n htdig\n khelpcenter-trinity\n tdebase-trinity\n tde-core-trinity\n tde-trinity\n tex-common"
"E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"
+++ void MainWindow::refreshPopularApps() +++
+++ QStringList MainWindow::listInstalled() +++
dpkg --get-selections | grep -v deinstall | cut -f1
+++ void MainWindow::displayPopularApps() const +++

a manual "apt-get install --fix-missing" just configured these packages:
htdig khelpcenter-trinity tde-core-trinity tde-trinity tdebase-trinity tex-common

TDE login works as expected. Languagepack is missing (can that be selected by the user in the GUI?)

On TDE mx-updater is kind of broken: it shows the number of available updates, but it cannot install the updates.

Handbook and some other desktop ikons have a generic "empty page" icon, but work.

So basicly an easy way to add TDE to MX - well done :)

Nik