Re: MX-TDE edition options (need a debian TDE dev)

On Sunday 19 July 2020 07:21:09 pm Michael wrote:
> This seems too easy.
>
> ###########
> by dolphin_oracle » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:05 pm
> the files that we use to define what's in mx-packageinstaller->popular apps
> are XML files. there are even places for screenshots, pre and post install
> scripts if extra steps are needed, like adding repos.
>
> https://github.com/MX-Linux/mx-packageinstaller-pkglist
> ###########
>
> I found 4 examples with external repositories
>
> https://github.com/MX-Linux/mx-packageinstaller-pkglist/search?q=repository
>&unscoped_q=repository
>
> To me ‘spotify_64.pm’ seems the closest match to what I believe we’d
> want.  ‘airvpn.pm’ is the most complex, probably good for
> example/reference. In any event I copy/pasted/edited what I could (attached
> as tde_64.pm). Which probably needs to go into the TDE git somewhere.
>
> Things that definitely need checking:
>
> - <installable> architecture(s) (I picked 64, not completely sure that’s
> correct).
> - method/place for # Import GPG signing key.  (needs review by MX dev).
> - when to use sudo and when it’s not needed (got no real clue why some
> commands use it).
> - <description> needs an official English description and then as many
> translations as we can do.
>
> We also need a TDE developer to interface with dolphin_oracle directly for
> the ‘official’ request to add it to their system.
>
> Anything else I can help with let me know,
> Michael

- Updated .pm per dolphin_oracle comments.

- Could use newer screenshot(s) posted to:
- - https://www.trinitydesktop.org/screenshots.php
- - All those are from 2014.
- - If at all possible do one similar to
https://www.trinitydesktop.org/media/screenshots/large/tde1.png so that it
includes the full, visible, "The Trinity Desktop is a full software
desktop..." paragraph.  (but possibly I don’t understand the use of that
screenshot, so maybe not?)

- .pm should be renamed to tde.pm if TDE is all architecture.

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=59309
> ###########
by dolphin_oracle » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:13 pm
you don't need sudo anywhere. the script runs elevated already.

if your packages are 64bit only, the 64 is appropriate. If you also have 32
bit packages, then "all" is appropriate.

you will want to run an apt-get update in the post-uninstall area since you
are removing a list. typically I don't remove list files unless there is a
chance of some conflict, in which case they should not be left enabled at
all. (deb-multimedia is an example here, good packages, but leaving the repo
enabled is bad for mx).

for the key, download into /tmp instead of /root. remove the temporary
downloaded deb after install.

we prefer the deb-src entries to be commented out by default. our debian.list
file is a good example.