Re: The Persistence Of Sorting

On Tuesday 26 May 2020 10:15:02 Forrest Leeson wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:49 PM BorgLabs - Kate Draven
>
> <borglabs4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Give me a step by step of how to recreate the error.
>
> • open a folder
> • set sort column to file- or mimetype
> • close the folder
> • open a different folder
> • observe that the sort indicator persists on the file or mimetype
> column, but that the files are sorted by name
>
> I infer this is because determining the file/mimetype requires
> examining the file's contents and the sort function doesn't get called
> after that's done.

Sorry to butt in here ...

If you mean the little triangular arrow that indicates how the column is
sorted (alphabetically, by date, etc., as well as their reverse), the type of
sorting persists on the last column that I click.

So, for example, I like to sort everything alphabetically; but sometimes it is
useful to sort by last modified, or file size or file type, etc. Then I
forget that I have clicked that column, and when I reboot, ALL my Konqueror
windows (and I usually have a dozen or more open) are changed to the last
clicked type. It is rather a pain, but this behavior has been the same since
early KDE3 days.

I'm not sure if this is the problem to which you were referring, or not, but
there it is.

Bill