Re: vlc color problem ...

On Tue, 26 May 2020, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

VLC uses GTK, you can play around with the settings using
lxappearance. But you might need to install gnome/gtk themes, too.

ok, wasn't sure if vlc was gtk; loaded up lxappearance but nothing of
clear (to me) relevance, experimenting so far hasn't helped. I
probably need to log out and in.

I'll look around in the gtk config files too.

flying blind. good tip though - gtk, thank you.

Can you send a screenshot?

Nik

yes, not the best resolution but it's not art:

here is the window for 'multiple files' selection:
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/13d060QVRfN9aVStgKyB_sPmPQ70vdId1/view?usp=sharing>

here is the window for 'advanced preferences':
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aVkgKLlLPF8ajxeTh_DeFPDHgco_E3yU/view?usp=sharing>

note how in the 'advanced preferences' window 'Network Sync' has been
selected yielding white font against blue background.

ok ... check if gtk-qt-engine-trinity / gtk2-engines-gtk-qt-trinity / gtk3-tqt-engine-trinity are installed. If yes, uninstall. Check if the checkmark in kcontrol "appereance/colors/apply colors to non-TDE ..." (free translation fom german TDE) is set. if yes, remove. lxappereance: select clearlooks. Then try again.

hat geklappt!

so I didn't have the gtk engines code installed but unselecting 'apply colors to non-TDE applications' worked.

(I think wicd crashed but reloading it looks ok.)

I haven't tried the lxappearance suggestion but no need for it now.

case closed thanks to you!

f.

--
Felmon Davis