Re: [quite OT] TDE shirts

On Tuesday 21 April 2020 09:26:20 am Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> I like wearing polo shirts (they make T-shirts too actually) with something
> about Linux and I have found good, embroidered shirts from a Hungarian
> maker (he does the embroidering, not the shirts actually). I'm not putting
> the address here because I don't want that you believe I would be making
> business, I am just a customer there.
>
> The point is he asked for suggestions, so I suggested TDE shirts - and  he
> answered "I was a big fan of KDE3, so Trinity is close to my heart. I'm
> ready to make Trinity Desktop shirts, if the project can help me to promote
> them on the official website. Without the reach of the users, we won't send
> a piece for sure."
>
> Well, so the question is to know if there would be any interrest and
> if "promoting" shirts on the website would be desired/possible.
> I don't suppose it would, but I just told him i'd ask.

Hi Thierry,

Can't answer you about the website (although I can't see why you personally
couldn't add a wiki page, just make it ‘vendor’ neutral, e.g. these people
sell TDE goods and give x% of sales to TDE, blah, blah).

>From a business standpoint these are the things I suspect need to be answered
first:

- What does the product look like?
- What’s the price structure?
- What percentage does TDE get off the sale?
- How long has the business been in operation?
- What’s the background (reputation really) of the business?

>From a personal standpoint I’d want to know your experience with the polo
shirts:

- How many have your bought from him?
- How long do they last?
- Need some pics!

Would I buy?

Yes?  Everyone varies on what they deem reasonable, I tend to buy new (with
tags) Polo by Ralph Lauren shirts in the 20 - 25 USD range, their t-shirts in
the 7 - 10 range.  Which takes a while to find.  But Ralph Lauren has pretty
good quality so they tend to last 5 to 10 years, so I only need to buy 3 or 4
shirts per year...

Best,
Michael