Re: Re: How to remove or not install CUPS? (standard install)

Michael wrote:

> On Thursday 19 March 2020 05:04:11 pm Thierry de Coulon wrote:
>> On Thursday 19 March 2020 22.44:49 deloptes wrote:
>
>> > A guy buys windows crap and complains about support!
>
> Yes, I bought windows crap.  No I’m not complaining about support.
>
> I’m complaining about the removal of existing, working code.  I’m
> complaining about the Window’s (&Apple) attitude of, “Fuck them, I’ll
> break it so they have to buy new,” that has migrated into the Linux work
> ethic and value system.

most likely something hacky or unmaintainable code for printers almost no
one uses under linux.
I wonder what the openprinting says about the model - you'll probably
understand.

And please keep in mind that no one owes you something - just  the way you
do not owe anybody something in the free software world.

I agree that developers could be more polite and listen to the users and I
do not know the case, but next time you buy a printer, have a look at
openprinting or the community to find out if it is worth buying.

And yes, I guess now you know what is best to do - sell it on EBay and buy a
new working one.