Re: How to remove or not install CUPS? (standard install)

On 19/03/2020 17:40, Michael wrote:
On Thursday 19 March 2020 11:40:28 am Michael Howard via trinity-users wrote:
On 19/03/2020 16:27, Michael wrote:
There’s nothing wrong with my 7 year old printer (which I now have to
send files to a windows box to print...).
Which printer is it?
i-don't-know, make me walk to the printer closet to look will ya!

Panasonic KX-MB2030 (Multi-Function Laser)

Ah, a GDI printer. GDI is a microsoft system and the printer expects most of the processing to be done from within Windows, so in this case, it's really not the fault of CUPS but that of the printer really.

Eventually I want to try installing the Panasonic Windows print utility in a
Windows VM.  Would seem to be a complete waste, but *shrug* if it works, so
be it...

Anyone ever tried that (printing from a Windows VM on a Linux box)?

If you have windows already, or with a new installation (either real or virtual) just share the printer and let Windows do the processing.

--
Michael Howard