Re: trouble with tdm on debian/buster

OK.  Had to reboot with TDM active to uncover this issue.

When I issue systemd-analyze blame , I get:

systemd-analyze blame
Bootup is not yet finished (org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.FinishTimestampMonotonic=0).
Please try again later.
Hint: Use 'systemctl list-jobs' to see active jobs

Of course later never comes since this step continuously hangs. So taking the suggestion, the output from systemctl list-jobs is:

JOB UNIT                                 TYPE  STATE
147 getty@tty1.service                   start waiting
  2 multi-user.target                    start waiting
  1 graphical.target                     start waiting
129 systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service start waiting
105 plymouth-quit-wait.service           start running
146 getty.target                         start waiting

6 jobs listed.

So, it appears related to plymouth.  Is plymouth used in TDM?

Also tried systemd-analyze critical-chain, and get identical output