Re: Linux for smartphone

Robert Peters wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies - there are several things to try out.  I
> want to get away from relying so much on Google, and that will
> probably include getting a non-Gmail address, and maybe using local
> mail storage such as Kmail...
> Robert

Same here - my private mail address is on a server controlled by a friend,
hosted in Europe. No need of local storage, because the mail server is the
important part. Anyway - mail is a grey area, because you do not know who
else reads the mails on the way, before they reach you. IMO it is
irrelevant - best to use is PGP/GPG, but only few really use it.

But yes, we do not have to agree or let someone tracking us and making money
out of this.

regards