Re: TDE featured in german magazine

On Wednesday 20 November 2019 01:33:18 pm Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2019 Wed, 20 Nov 20:24:41 +0100
>  Thierry de Coulon scripsit:
> > [...]
> > The question is rather: why is it so difficult to convince others of
> > these facts. If one main distribution included TDE, I'm sure many more
> > people would "rediscover" why KDE 3 was good.
>
> Devuan would like to, but the build process would have to run in devuan CI
> system. I never could wrap my mind around it how that would work with git
> integration and all the knobs and buttons around it - and I think nobody
> else did :)
>
> On the other hand, devuan is not so major and exegnulinux does a good job,
> IMO (I still have to figure out how to turn a customized installation back
> to a bootable USB version with persistent home)

TDE will run on Devuan, I did it, but I really, really dislike its lead
developer’s attitude towards users, and hence will no longer recommend it to
anyone.

If you want a distribution that’s somewhat major, runs TDE, already has a
bootable USB version with persistent home, and has a helpful dev group, I’d
ask the MX Linux folks to include TDE.