Re: TDE featured in german magazine

On Wednesday 20 November 2019 01:24:41 pm Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 November 2019 20.02:57 ajh-valmer wrote:
> > TDE is not really for the nostalgic of KDE3,
> > but made for those who want a light desktop,
> > and nevertheless, with many rich options.
>
> I totaly agree. However I think many on this list are "experienced"
> computer users (I mean "old" :).
>
> The question is rather: why is it so difficult to convince others of these
> facts.

Not to start a generational war, but a large part of the reason is the younger
generations in the US are just extremely poorly educated.  Empirically shown
in a study of discrete societal population tattoo percentages around the
world and the level of education of each.  Google only returns trash now, so
best I can remember it was either done in the 70s or 80s and its conclusion
was a society with a higher percentage of people with tattoos is less
educated than its opposite.  If someone on the list has LexisNexis access,
they could probably find the specific study (and I’d guess several others
collaborating it).

Less educated are easier to market to (e.g. brainwash) and are more likely to
do what their peers say, no matter how irrational it is (e.g. groupthink).
Relying on facts, or even validating statements for truth, are no longer a
part of the current generation’s routine activities.

This is meta analysis of societies as a whole, you will find individual
outliers in any data set.

Best Regards All,
Michael