Re: Re: [BULK] [trinity-users] Re: [BULK] [trinity-users] more on my kmail 100% problemns

On Saturday 19 October 2019 02:03:49 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 19 October 2019 13:54:54 deloptes wrote:
> > Gene Heskett wrote:
> If those rm's and mv's from outside of kmails knowledge, were converted
> to dbus commands to be executed by kmail, then nothing would disturb its
> database but kmails own actions.
>
> So, where do I find the real docs on how kmail responds to commands sent
> over dbus? That seems to be a secret, and it sucks dead toads thru soda
> straws. I just now rechecked the Handbook, and it has zero mention of
> dbus.  So please explain how, and I WILL fix my scripts.

I always did dbus by trial and error.  The command line really, really sucks,
so try to find a GUI tool to test with and then it’s fairly easy to translate
what works to command line for your scripts.

I used qdbusviewer in the past, it worked well but I think it’s dead?

I’ve seen D-Feet [1] referenced, never used it.
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Apps/DFeet

Here’s stack’s answer to “DBUS Message/Signal Viewer Tools”

https://askubuntu.com/a/505959