Re: Re: new camera, digikam can't see it

Gene Heskett wrote:

> I had forgotten that Canon has corporate sockets only for windows, there
> are no linux drivers on their site. Linux is a swear word in their
> boardroom. And only one, I think type C connector, which doesn't charge
> the battery, you have to take it out and fit it into a pocket on a wall
> wart to charge and it takes quite a few hours, 8 or so to charge if the
> camera says its on the last dregs.

how many amper do you have on the charger - use recommended for the device -
should be 1-1.5A

> I can copy the pix from the card, but even their storage crunching still
> leaves them at 2x the size my nikon makes.  So I can smunch that down to
> 5% and still show a great image to the net.

Configure the camera to make lower resolution pictures - you will reduce the
size.

> But I can see where image retrieval is going to be a PITA. Or I take it
> back, and get something that speaks ptp.

Modern devices use MTP or PTP - install something that handles MTP and try
again - I use go-mtpfs

regards