Re: new camera, digikam can't see it

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> The camera is a Canon pssx429is(bk)
> Otherwise called a PowerShot SX420IS
> plugged a match usb cable into it, but while camera cts differently with
> usb power applied, there is zilch logged, either in syslog or dmesg
> indicating a connection is available.
>
> Canon has only drivers using nfc, or wifi, and only for the last 4
> versions of (spit) winders.

newer cameras have multiple usb operation modes (MTP, PTP etc.). Are you
sure you read the documentation around this? Also on my simple camera I
have one port for charging and one for data transfer. The second is not a
different USB cable.
according https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2367467 transfer is
possible. Could be your kernel is too old?

Did you read this
https://www.supportcanon.com/canon-powershot-sx420-is-driver-download/#PowerShot_SX420_IS_Drivers_Software_Manuals_for_Linux

and make sure you have the drivers?

regards