Re: folder problen in kmail

On Friday 29 March 2019 08:40:37 am Gene Heskett wrote:

> Now to add the final insult of this crazy story, I looked at, but changed
> nothing {snip}

Hi Gene,

Like you I have multiple folders with 50+k messages (a rolling 2 months of a
server's 'utterances,' so multiple folders is a not really an option).  I've
lived with kmail doing the 100% of a cpu for an hour at startup for years and
from this list I've gotten the fuzzy notion it's related to some index
problem.  I’ve done cleanup activities multiple times, but no real
luck ‘fixing’ the issue.

> I looked at, but changed
> nothing in the emc folders propertries, but instead of clicking on
> cancel, I clicked on "OK"

Would you fully explain what you did here?  I’d guess ‘emc’ is a folder you
have, but I’d rather have what steps you truly preformed so I can try the
exact same thing.

Thanks,
Michael