Re: Install everything of TDE?

On 2/19/19 1:26 AM, Michael wrote:
On Monday 18 February 2019 10:23:08 am gregory guy wrote:
Michael wrote:
On Wednesday 06 February 2019 07:17:22 pm Michele Calgaro via
trinity-users

wrote:
On 2019/02/07 01:36 AM, Michael wrote:
And after looking at all the apps on
https://www.trinitydesktop.org/applications.php
That page may need to be updated, but at least here
(https://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/) you will be able to have a quick
list of the modules currently in TDE sources.
tl;dr > I have the app names.  Where do I get the descriptions off the
git website?  (And apt/yum/etc. package names if available.)

Okay, a bit of background is in order I guess.  I’ve just built a new
box, lots of ram, lots of disk, so initially I just wanted to install all
of the TDE user apps just to try them out.

After Michele pointed out a way to see the names of all the apps, I
remembered a conversation from several months back that it was suggested
someone [could/should] add a wiki page so the updating of TDE app
information could be off-loaded from the devs.

Since I now had all the app names, if I could also get the descriptions
from git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit , or similar, then I could write a
script that would build that wiki page.  If there is also a programmatic
way to get the apt/yum/etc. package names I can also add that to the
script so that information is also available for new users.

Hence the request for the the specific file (or file pattern) within
git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit that contains the "Description:" text that is
displayed by, for example, "apt show tdeedu-trinity".

Apologies for the confusion my original rambling caused.

Thanks,
Michael

Please remember not to top-post:
http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/mailing_lists/#top-posting
I don't use Debian/Ubuntu but I believe that the description of the
package is written in the "control" file and there's also a description
field in the "spec" file for RPM packages.

Have you had a look on the packaging repository in git?

https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde-packaging
Hi gregory,

Yeah!!!  No, I was looking in the wrong place :(

Yup the Debian "control" file has everything needed, including the Debian
package name.

I looked at the Red Hat .spec file and all I’d want from it would be the
package name.  I’m not sure what language it’s in, but am I parsing it right
to get the RH package name?  Using abakus for example, from these 2 lines in
the .spec file (Link for example*):

%define tde_pkg abakus
Name: trinity-%{tde_pkg}

Package name is "trinity-abakus"

and,

yum install trinity-abakus

would be the correct command to install the abakus package?

A RPM user should be answering that ;-)

Just my 2 cents here, to my knowledge the last Fedora's make use of "DNF" instead of "yum".

@+