Re: Install everything of TDE?

Michael wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 February 2019 07:17:22 pm Michele Calgaro via trinity-users
> wrote:
>> On 2019/02/07 01:36 AM, Michael wrote:
>>> And after looking at all the apps on
>>> https://www.trinitydesktop.org/applications.php
>> That page may need to be updated, but at least here
>> (https://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/) you will be able to have a quick
>> list of the modules currently in TDE sources.
> tl;dr > I have the app names.  Where do I get the descriptions off the git
> website?  (And apt/yum/etc. package names if available.)
>
> Okay, a bit of background is in order I guess.  I’ve just built a new box,
> lots of ram, lots of disk, so initially I just wanted to install all of the
> TDE user apps just to try them out.
>
> After Michele pointed out a way to see the names of all the apps, I remembered
> a conversation from several months back that it was suggested someone
> [could/should] add a wiki page so the updating of TDE app information could
> be off-loaded from the devs.
>
> Since I now had all the app names, if I could also get the descriptions from
> git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit , or similar, then I could write a script that
> would build that wiki page.  If there is also a programmatic way to get the
> apt/yum/etc. package names I can also add that to the script so that
> information is also available for new users.
>
> Hence the request for the the specific file (or file pattern) within
> git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit that contains the "Description:" text that is
> displayed by, for example, "apt show tdeedu-trinity".
>
> Apologies for the confusion my original rambling caused.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I don't use Debian/Ubuntu but I believe that the description of the
package is written in the "control" file and there's also a description
field in the "spec" file for RPM packages.

Have you had a look on the packaging repository in git?

https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde-packaging

@+