Re: Trinity Applications page Addendum

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 09:24:15 -0600
Michael <mb_trinity_desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Was:  Re:  Naming pattern for TDE packages based upon KDE
> names? (Installing KDiff3?)
>
> On Tuesday 06 November 2018 07:25:07 pm Michele Calgaro wrote:
> > On 2018/11/07 05:54 AM, Michael wrote:
> > > This page need a complete re-write :(
> > >
> > > https://www.trinitydesktop.org/applications.php
> > >
> > > so it includes how to get the apps listed.
> >
> > That is why there are several pages about how to install TDE :-)
> > Start from here:
> > https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Category:Documentation#Installing_from_a_Pa
> >ckage_Manager
>
> On Tuesday 06 November 2018 09:01:18 pm E. Liddell wrote:
> > Package naming conventions are distro-specific, so that information is
> > irrelevant to the majority of people visiting that page.  It may belong on
> > a distro-specific page on the wiki, though.
>
> Hi Michele, E.,
>
> Respectfully I have to disagree and maintain that how to install individual
> TDE applications needs to be on the Trinity Applications page.  Here’s my
> reasoning:

Let me try again.

That page is a *list of applications*.  It was not, and was never meant to be,
instructions on how to install them.  And it's already a pretty long page.

I am not saying that the information shouldn't exist if people consider it of
value.  I'm saying it belongs *on the wiki*.  The static site is more for overview
material that affects everyone who uses TDE (including people who've
installed it on BSD or Linux From Scratch).

E. Liddell