Re: Login into accounts with german umlaut

Am Samstag 18 August 2018 schrieb Rolf Schmidt:
> AFAIK only user names starting  with a number are really forbitten and
> the user name is not the problem. It seems, that tdm dosn't like the
> Umlaut in the password.

Yes. It's certain characters in the password. I had this problem long ago with a
password containing the character '§'. tdm just wouldn't start regardless of
the language setting (for tdm) but always break the login process. (Forgive me
for not reporting then).

Just checked again: '§', 'Ä', 'ß', '€' don't work -- maybe everything that is
utf8 or not ascii?!

Just changing that single character "solved" it, meaning it is a bug as tdm
should be able to process every password that was configured in a console
session.

M2C

Kind regards,
Stefan