Re: How to change theme alternating row colors?

On Monday 13 August 2018 14:01:17 Slávek Banko wrote:
> On Monday 13 of August 2018 19:59:05 Michael wrote:
> > On Monday 13 August 2018 12:47:12 pm Michael wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Sometimes you should leave well enough alone…

> > > So, I changed my theme to one of the ones installed, but every theme
> > > tested so far sets the alternating row colors so dark it’s
> > > unreadable.  This is affecting Konqueror, KMail, and probably a lot
> > > more.  I’m trying to set the alternating row color to something like
> > > the selected text color.  See attached.
> > >
> > > The theme also keeps moving the Panel from the bottom to the left,
> > > even when the Panel is locked at the bottom.
> > >
> > > I found, and read, the instructions on how to make/modify a new
> > > theme, which I’ve done.  But, I can’t seem to find where in
> > > ‘Customize your theme:’ to change these two settings:
> > >
> > >  - Where do you set:   the alternating row colors?
> > >  - Where do you set:   where the Panel defaults to?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Michael
> > >
> > > PS:  Konqueror throws a fit trying to load the TDE themes website,
> > > https://store.kde.org/ , “script causing TDEHTML to freeze.”  Works
> > > fine in Firefox.
> >
> > Ah, web to the rescue for alternating row colors.  They aren't part of
> > a theme...
> >
> > TCC >> Colors >> Widget Color >> [Dropdown] Alternate Background in
> > Lists
>
> Michael, this is also a good thing to include into Tips and Tricks.
>
> Cheers

By the way, when you use the TCC  / Appearance & Themes / Colors to change
your color scheme, it asks to import a text file with the extension *.kcsrc.
This file nowadays lives in (it seems) some mysterious place, hidden away
from prying eyes.

It used to be here:
for original KDE3
/home/<USER>/.kde/share/config/kdm
some Trinity config files
/home/<USER>/.kde/share/config/tdm

In some older TDE releases, this text file got changed to *.kksrc; I can't
find current examples of this, though I could be wrong.

When you save a color profile, TCC doesn't tell you where you save it; only
when you try to import a profile, then you find that it looks for the
extension *.kcsrc - but maybe this is because it's only importing the old
config file, then saving with a different extension?

The newer config files - if it is not using
/home/<USER>/.kde/share/config/tdm/*.kcsrc
- would seem to be located in one of these places:

/opt/trinity/share/config.kcfg
/opt/trinity/share/compizconfig
/opt/trinity/share/compiz

These are no longer just text files, however, but xml and other stuff, and I
can't find anything that seems to correspond to the old *.kcsrc or *.kksrc
config files.

To preserve my color scheme (or create new ones), I used to save that file,
*.kcsrc, rename it, then just import my saved copy into TCC  / Appearance &
Themes / Colors. But I actually haven't messed with this for several years
now, and just leave well enough alone with my TDE colors.

In any case, it would be good to know where TCC saves our color scheme config
file.

I also would like to create my own themes, when I have time, and upload them
so that they are saved somewhere "out there" for use by others, as well as
for my own backup.

Bill