Local Icon Directory

Hi People!

I feel like I've forgotten the keyboard for select all (Hyperdrive - see it).

Here's the job.
I want to use a local icon image dir within the use dir

/home/foo/icon-collection

and then have custom shortcuts use it.

I've tried
Icon=$HOME/icon-collection/coolicon.png
Icon=~/icon-collection/coolicon.png

I just want all custom shortcuts to point the same icon dir, regardless of
user. I have to set up some machines for the senior centre. I don't want to
have to write out each user.

I know there's a way, but I can't seem to remember it or find it on google.
It's likely something simple like ctrl A. I know I've used it before on red
hate but I can't remember.

I've already created a temporary cheat by symlinking the icon to /usr but I'd
rather do it the right way.

Thanks to all in advance.

Kate