Re: more on the font size / dpi issue

I'm starting to think that screwing around with this is not going to bring satisfaction unless/until the proposed change takes place. Though I do not think a slider is a good approach, because I think that for most hardware either the changes won't take unless you land on the right spot or else will look really awful, again unless you land on the right spot. At the moment I'm booted on the gpd device into Gnome or Unity or something -- it's GTK, anyway -- and in Settings > Displays a choice is Scale, with buttons offering 100% and 200%. On this device, 200% is just right. Applications look good and fonts are readable.

And while on the TDE side of things I have native applications set to where they're more or less usable, even Trinity applications don't look as good under TDE as the GTK apps look under whatever desktop I'm running (It's identified only as Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, though there's reference to Gnome 3.28.1).

 So for now I apparently will need to go over to this Gnomish thing to do work, then save it, then go to TDE to send it. What we need, for this device, is a button that does the 200% thing. Which it apparently inherited from someplace, which is why I was able to write that overjoyed post day before yesterday.

​dep

Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​