Re: I may have spoken too soon . . .

It's nice to know how people install and obscure commands they run when installing and such; it would also be nice if that thread were to spin off on its own and i might be allowed to keep this one on its original subject.

i was able to kind of force some things by finding my way to trinity control center and setting it to 120dpi (and, in another test, 96dpi), which has made everything very tiny indeed.

i ran xdpyinfo | -B2 resolution and got surprising results:

dimensions: 1920x1200 pixels (96x60 millimeters)
resolution: 508x508 dots per inch

the screen is 6 inches across and nearly 4 inches tall, and the resolution ought to be 323 dpi or thereabouts.

oddly, even after forcing the font resolution to 120 dpi, the login screen is of peculiar and disordered, mostly large, font size, with small fields for username and password -- looks pretty weird. i have made photographs of the login screen and the tde desktop, showing the extreme tininess of the kmenu, though icons and kicker are of the correct size. windows and applications remain very small.

the two pictures show the situation better than i can explain it; together they total ~100k. if it is permissible and it seems of any use, i'll attach them to a follow-up message, but did not want to do that if anyone objects.

very weird. it seems to me that if there is a place where i can set the actual screen resolution, 323 dpi, everything ought to work, but i wouldn't bet my life on it.

does anyone here know X?

​dep

Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.​