Re: network problems in Devuan Jessie-Beowulf merged

On 06/20/2018 12:27 PM, Mike Bird wrote:
On Wed June 20 2018 12:04:46 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 06/20/2018 11:42 AM, Mike Bird wrote:
Jessie is usable but LTS means Long Term Support means less security
support.

That said, if Ascii does not work for you then I would recommend Devuan
Jessie at least in the short term.  You need to get a solid base that
works for you and then upgrade by simple stages.

Do you mean like if I do a Jessie base install and then upgrade to ASCII
and then install my desktop or something else?  Just so you know Trinity
for Jessie will not install on ASCII/Stretch, I wish it would.

Trinity Stable for Jessie works well with Jessie.

To bad it don't work with ASCII.

Trinity PSB for Ascii works well with Ascii.

Please make your posts as precise as possible.  I still don't know what you
mean when you say you migrated to the "Devuan Jessie-Beowulf merged version".

Bill said that not me.

Can you give me a Debian bug number for the HDMI problem for reference?

In more than 20 years I've never filed a bug report, but there have been
Dev's who have shown a interest and have been able to reproduce the
problems I have found and have filed bug reports, so I don't know if
there has been a bug report filed or not.

Please search Debian bug reports for your Debian HDMI bug.  If there's no
report on your problem please file one.

Why should I start now.

If there's a TDE bug please do
the same with TDE bug reports ... but thus far I don't see any TDE aspect
to this and I don't understand why you're posting complaints to a TDE list
instead of filing bugs to the Debian bug database.

I'm not using Debian, I'm using Devuan. Also I was talking to Bill and then you jumped in, so I explained the problem to you and why I don't recommend Bill upgrading from Jessie. I'm pretty sure what's going on is a security problem and part of that systemd crap that has not been rooted out yet. Besides I like using Jessie and hate to upgrade, but I will test most anything and give a report *if I feel like it*. Also I'm not much of a joiner. :)

I'm sure the problem will be fixed in time it just takes a couple of years. In the meantime Dev's will be using Jessie and will not notice the problem. If you're in Yosemite I worked there for about 10 yrs(early 80's to the early 90's), just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - TDE Trinity R14.0.4 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263