Re: network problems in Devuan Jessie-Beowulf merged

On 06/20/2018 11:42 AM, Mike Bird wrote:
On Wed June 20 2018 11:26:13 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Mike while ASCII has been released, on my systems and I have many, it's
not usable as a stable system.  The reason is my external HDMI screen
video and audio go blank/black-out and then it comes back and then it
goes blank again, over and over, not doable while using the system.
This I have produced over and over.  Also reported on Debian User list
by me and others.  Until fixed ASCII is not usable.

And why do you not recommend Jessie, LTS or not?

Jessie is usable but LTS means Long Term Support means less security
support.

That said, if Ascii does not work for you then I would recommend Devuan
Jessie at least in the short term.  You need to get a solid base that
works for you and then upgrade by simple stages.

Do you mean like if I do a Jessie base install and then upgrade to ASCII and then install my desktop or something else? Just so you know Trinity for Jessie will not install on ASCII/Stretch, I wish it would.

Can you give me a Debian bug number for the HDMI problem for reference?

--Mike

In more than 20 years I've never filed a bug report, but there have been Dev's who have shown a interest and have been able to reproduce the problems I have found and have filed bug reports, so I don't know if there has been a bug report filed or not.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - TDE Trinity R14.0.4 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263