Re: Re: Re: TOTALLY off-topic - got a puzzle meets dinosaurs

On 06/19/2018 04:28 PM, William Morder wrote:

On Tuesday 19 June 2018 15:09:40 Kate Draven wrote:
Sorry to disappear without a word again. I've been having network issues

that

don't make sense - seemingly out of the blue. But I'll discuss this in
its own thread.

Coffee is the first of the four food groups, the foundation of a geeky
diet.

Bill

Sorry to hear about your networking problems. Hopefully you don't have
comcast or any of it's sub companies. I'm hearing terrible things from
those who use them here.

Now, onto the important stuff.
I completely disagree with you on coffee being the first item in the food
group. It's clearly chocolate.

I feel better,

Kate

It is coffee at the bottom, chocolate at the top.

Bill

I used to work here: 1963 - 1965: Coffee And Confusion, 1339 Grant Avenue, North Beach, San Francisco, CA. The owner Sylvia Fennel had the habit of paying her artists with barely two or three bucks (which is fair enough just to buy a beer or a cigarettes) plus a free hamburger courtesy of the house. Janis obviously wanted to earn more than that and then at the end of the evening she went into the audience passing the hat.

I was the guy how fixed the food and drinks there and one of my best sellers was a mixture of 1/2 cup of strong black coffee or espresso, 3 tbl spoons each unsweetened chocolate and sugar, fill with whipped cream, mix and top with more whipped cream. You won't be sorry if you give it a try.

By the way if you are a Janis Joplin fan, Janis was at her best doing one man shows before Big Brother and the Holding Company, she never needed a band.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - TDE Trinity R14.0.4 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263