Re: Re: more re. tde and qt5

On Saturday 28 April 2018 20:43:06 dep wrote:

> said Gene Heskett:
> |There is no competing ISP available in your neck of the woods?  And
> | do those posts normally subjectable to copyright carry the notice
> | that they are?
>
> alas, no, frontier dsl is the only game in my neck of -- literally --
> the woods. there's not even cellular service here, though at home i
> can get tmobile cell over ip. as to copyright, that's not the issue.
> people i'm writing about and who are giving me information sometimes
> communicate via email and they would like that communication to be
> confidential.
>
> frontier has always farmed its email service out to yahoo, which is
> frightening enough. but last year the email part of the rotting
> remains of yahoo was bought up by a consortium of what's left of aol
> and verizon to create something called "oath." last week they sent new
> terms of use, in part:

I am on 2 or4 yahoo based mailing lists. This new TOS has NOT been
forwarded to me, and its scary as hell.

> -- We’ve updated how we collect and use data. We’ve updated some of
> the ways we collect and analyze user data in order to deliver
> services, content, and relevant advertising to you and protect against
> abuse. This includes:
>
> --Analyzing content and information (including emails, instant
> messages, posts, photos, attachments, and other communications) when
> you use our services. This allows us to deliver, personalize and
> develop relevant features, content, advertising and services --
> Linking your activity on third-party sites and apps with information
> we have about you Providing anonymized and aggregated reports to other
> parties regarding user trends -- We’ve joined Verizon. By joining
> Verizon, Oath and its affiliates may share the information we receive
> among Verizon. Learn more about Verizon’s privacy practices.
>
> dont you just love that "protect against abuse" part? that's the same
> company that managed to let the information on a *billion* users get
> loose not long ago. no, thanks.

Yeah, corporate (yahoo/verizon/comcast/google et all are masters of it,
could teach a credit course on it even) propaganda, aka that stuff often
found, warm and squishy, on the ground behind the bovine specie.

> so protonmail is essential. making it work with kmail is to cause my
> life to be nicer.

I can hear that, loud and clear. Silly Q: do they do mailing lists?

And how much per annum do they want for a paid service? Its sounding
better all the time from what I read on their site.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)