Re: Re: Thinkpad X1, Ubuntu 14.04 live CD, problem (16 live CD)

    > Dne po 16. října 2017 Uwe Brauer napsal(a):

    > It's strange - I've tried the same thing in the virtual machine now, and
    > in both cases the installer duly started (64bit).

    > Can you run on the LiveCD from the console: ubiquity gtk_ui
    > ...if there will be something interesting about it.

    > Thank you

I tried it out today:

    -  I downloaded a fresh iso from the site you sent me.

    -  I burnt it to a different new usb stick

    -  I booted, Trinity came up, but when I hit the installation button
       or the used ubiquity gtk_ui *nothing* happened

    -  I rebooted but his time chose the option, install Ubuntu, the
       same error message appeared than the last time.

    -  what shall I do?

I have installed successfully Ubuntu 16 so I could follow that path. I
will wait a bit for your answer, but I need a 64bit version of
Ubuntu/Trinity soon, so if that is not going to work out in the next
hours then  I will proceed as indicated.

Uwe