Re: Re: Thinkpad X1, Ubuntu 14.04 live CD, problem (16 live CD)

Dne po 16. října 2017 Uwe Brauer napsal(a):
>    > Dne po 16. října 2017 Uwe Brauer napsal(a):
>    >> Indeed it is! Thanks. That live version found the sound and all
>    >> netcards.
>    >>
>    >> However
>    >>
>    >>     -  the iso is just 800 mega compared to 1.2 Giga of vanilla
>    >> ubuntu. Indeed the installer failed. So if that gets official, I
>    >> think that should be fixed.
>    >
>    > Smaller size has a simple explanation: This LiveCD contains
>    > minimal Ubuntu system and only Trinity software - see the
>    > trinity-livecd package
>    >
>    > http://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/tde-packaging/tree/ubunt
>    >u/maverick/metapackages/trinity-livecd/debian
>    >
>    > Please, do you have any more detailed information on how the
>    > installation failed? In any case, you are right, iso could be
>    > upgraded to the current version of Ubuntu 16.04.x.
>
>     -  When I use: try out Ubuntu and then press the install button,
> nothing happens.
>
>     -  when I select install ubuntu then after a while the following
>        message pops up:
>
> The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session
> will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try
> installing again
>
> But then I am left with possibility one.

It's strange - I've tried the same thing in the virtual machine now, and
in both cases the installer duly started (64bit).

Can you run on the LiveCD from the console: ubiquity gtk_ui
...if there will be something interesting about it.

Thank you
--
Slávek