Re: tiny fonts problem revisited

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017, E. Liddell wrote:

On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 18:33:21 -0400 (EDT)
Felmon Davis <davisf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

if I could only find where the magic is for GTK config files. I do
have

.gtkrc-2.0.kde4
.gtkrc-2.0.kde-kde4
.config/gtk-3.0

if I only know what recipes to cook with.

For GTK2, look for a "gtk-font-name" line somewhere, or experiment
with adding one (frex, I have gtk-font-name="Times New Roman, 12").

for some reason your emails always get trapped as spam (by gmail) so I often overlook them!

I ended up writing my own bare-bones theme for GTK3 to force a
specific font and colour scheme.  Of course, the library shifted out from
under it and it now requires maintenance (which I have yet to get around
to because I use very few GTK3 applications).

I'm not sure I only have a GTK configuration problem since tiny fonts and icons affect 'kicker' and various submenus and some KDE apps, e.g. Kate.

I'll play with gtk-font-name, and the others.

this is turning out being one of my trickiest installs.

--
Felmon Davis

Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car.
                -- Evan Davis