Re: trying to avoid rebuilding whole system

said Slávek Banko:
| On Thursday 27 of July 2017 02:26:57 dep wrote:
| > | What does Ubuntu offer a TDE user over the Debian base on which
| > | Ubuntu is based anyway?
| >
| > in my case, the fact that i'm using it, and unless i'm much mistaken
| > (a distinct possibility, maybe a probability), changing sources to
| > debian and giving it the dist-upgrade command would produce surprises
| > of a kind i'm hoping to avoid.
|
| I tested the upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 to Debian 7.x (Wheezy) => it was
| complicated and the result was not good. Likewise, upgrade from Ubuntu
| 12.04 to Debian 8.x (Jessie) => problems were less, but the result was
| also not good. There were still some Ubuntu configuration artefacts that
| caused problems.

Being fundamentally lazy, that's reason enough for me to stick with Ubuntu,
at least for now.

Many thanks.
--
dep

The shortest distance between you and playing great acoustic guitar:
the great new instructional DVDs from Marjorie Thompson,
available at www.MarjorieThompson.com