Re: Re: upgrade Jessie to Stretch

On 06/27/2017 02:11 AM, deloptes wrote:
Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

add to the list:
- RDX drives lost hotplugging ability
- dmesg requires root
- did I mention systemd?
- X11 requires login manager
Nik, sorry but I don't see how this is related to TDE.

I have played around TDE and building amd64 packages from git. I have used
debian as a base and I have not encountered any single issue so far. Not
that I've tested that much, but still all looks normal and seems to work as
in Jessie.

- systemd is annoying (sometimes very annoying)
- X11 - login mgr - I think when I have time I'll talk to Slavek, Tim & Co
about dependencies. There is a lo of room for improvement.

I agree with you on the systemd issue. I'm using AMDs new Ryzen + ASUS hardware and I'm finding that even WIN 10 has problems the the new platform, so I can't put any blame on Trinity at this point. The version before the R14 release seems to run better on this system. But there are still unexpected reboots, even in windows. I'm thinking its BIOS/UEFI problems.
Dave