Re: Update trouble

On Saturday 24 of June 2017 07:03:18 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> HEllo all,
>
> I'm running SolydK and Devuan. These last month I've been updating
> regularely without trouble. SolyK being a rolling distribution, I
> expected some probems with Debian 9 being released so I was not really
> surprised that the last update announced removing lots of things -
> including TDE.
>
> However, when I tried updating Devuan (which is still Jessie based
> AFAIK) I get the same result: no update without removing TDE!
>
> Not that I *need* to update, but what's the problem? Any idea?
>
> Thierry

Are you sure SolydK is rolling distribution? How do I read the wiki:
SolydXK, originally based on Debian testing, since January 2015 is built
on Debian Stable. There are also Community Editions, not officially
tested nor supported by the SolydXK team. Examples are the SolydXK
Enthusiast’s Edition - versions of SolydX and SolydK that follow Debian
testing.

The news page then mentions the change of the apt repository for updating
from Jessie to Stretch:
https://solydxk.com/update-getting-ready-for-stretch/

Devuan 1.0 (Jessie) is definitely based on Jessie and can be used with TDE
for Jessie. Devuan 2.0 (Ascii) is based on Stretch and can be used with
TDE for Stretch (in Preliminary Stable Builds repository). I have now
tested TDE in both Ascii and Ceres and do not seem to be in conflict.

Did you get all apt lists properly?

Cheers
--
Slávek