Re: installing on uefi multiboot.

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017, Lisi Reisz wrote:

On Saturday 31 December 2016 22:29:07 Felmon Davis wrote:

here another point of confusion: NetRunner uses KDE4 (or KDE5, not
sure).

can I really install Trinity side-by-side with it?

TDE does not always go well with KDE 4+.  I personally tend to avoid putting
those two together.  But others will know more about this than I do.  One can
certainly normally install extra DEs, but this may be a case where it does
not go well, both for the reason I have given and because the two (DE and OS)
do appear to be rather entangled in this case.

'entangled'. my impression also.

I figured I should format a partition and do an install of Trinity
(ok, debian + trinity).

That might be simpler, so long as you are clear that Debian with Trinity is
not the same thing as an OS called Trinity!

got it!

It is, if you wish, possible to use one of the available Live CDs to
install an OS with Trinity already installed, and the default DE, just as
most Debian newbies install Debian with Gnome and most Ubuntu newbies
install Ubuntu with Unity.  But you don't have to do so, and I never do.
I install Debian, and then add Trinity.

I usually install exegnu which defaults to trinity as DE.

It does for now.  It went through a phase of having LXDE available as well.
This strikes me as a good choice.  Named after a rather beautiful place, too!

sorry: what place is it named after?

I believe (belated) well-wishing for a great new year is due? I watched online some celebrations from Germany (some people dear to me are there) so I feel my new yrs stuff is done too.

f.

--
Felmon Davis

Nasrudin walked into a teahouse and declaimed, "The moon is more useful than the sun."
        "Why?", he was asked.
        "Because at night we need the light more."