q4os implementation of TDE

I've been experimenting with q4os. I've installed the pi version on my pi 3,
and tody the direct installation version on a desktop (I have not yet tested
the "live CD", that is supposed to let you choose where to install grub, and
maybe also other things.

While the system is fast, debian based and one of the only distributions I
know to bring TDE directly, I found the implementation, well, let's say it
could be better:

- beside being called "q4os-desktop", it depends on tdesu. It took me some
time to find how to get it to use tdesu instead, and I am not sure everything
works.

- But mainly, lots of things are missing. I had to basically install /
reinstall everything with "trinity" to get some (to me) important
configuration stuff. Out of the boy one could neither change the icon set,
nor the window decoration. Other TDE control center elements were missing,
such as the login manager.

I have nothing against having to run synaptic, but I *knew* that it was
possible to setup things. I know at least one man I directed to q4os (because
he needed a system to run on an older notebook). He did not know TDE (nor KDE
3 I guess). q4os may introduce more people to TDE, and they will just get the
feeling that TDE can't be changed the way they like.

Shouldn't Trinity tell q4os to at least *tell* the users that the UI has been
cropped and the way to get back all the functionality?

Thierry

--
"Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man
reaches complete understanding of the minute details."

                                              Confucius