tdebase handbooks

I'm building 14.1.2 packages on Slackware 15.0 using the ray-v build scripts.

The default in those scripts is not to build any handbooks. I have been tweaking the scripts to compile the handbooks.

For some reason the related handbooks never compile in the tdebase package. The handbooks are compiling in other packages.

The DBUILD_DOC="ON" option is set. The tdebase sources contain the related docbook files. I do not notice anything in the build log, but I don't really know what to look for.

For the moment I'd like to keep the conversation generic. What should I look for that might cause the handbooks to not build only in tdebase?

Thanks for any guidance.