Re: Konqueror List View Quirks

On 3/25/23 3:56 PM, E. Liddell via tde-devels wrote:
I couldn't reproduce initially until I put one Konqueror window in
icon view, then went back to detailed list view.  Prior to that, the
highlight moved with the cursor.  Afterwards, it was broken for all
Konqueror windows in detailed view (not just the one whose
settings I had changed), including those on other desktops and
those I didn't open until afterwards (with detailed view as default).

I have seen the quirk momentarily behave as described, but I do not know how to replicate consistently. I have tried toggling to icon view and back, but that does not seem to trigger correct behavior.

Although the quirk does not break anything, that the highlighting does not follow the cursor block is disorienting. After many years of using a file manager that did not do that I am not acclimating well to this quirky behavior.

Confirmed (although it's no worse than the sorting quirks in many
versions of Windows).

I see there are some new sorting options coming with 14.1.0. I hope they mimic the KDE Dolphin sorting order. Perhaps this lack of automatic refresh might have gotten inadvertently fixed through those patches. We'll see.

Again, nothing is broken by not automatically refreshing, but disorienting. My eyes and mind expect to see the change and nothing happens. Each time this happens I kind of just sit there until my mind registers that this is a quirk and nothing is going to happen until I press F5.